Friday, Nov. 05, 2010
Settling into Your New Home with Your Pet
A move is stressful enough on its own but how about adding Fido to the equation? It's true...pets feel the stress too! Like people, some pets will adjust easily to the move and carry on day to day activities while other pets will need some time to settle in. Be patient with your pets.
At Redline, we love pets and hope some of these tips will ease the strain when you and your pet are moving to a new home.
- Importance of Routine - keeping familiarity by using the same food dishes and keeping the same feeding times will make the move easier for your pet. If you can, try and keep the feeding station, resting area, etc in the same location as your previous home. Familiar toys, blankets will also create the routine and comfort that comes with it.
- What is the pet-safety-ness of your new home? Take note of where your pet is hanging out and investigating and move dangerous items or poisonous cleaners and plants out of reach. This will keep Fido safe and you, happy.
- Walking the dog - your new neighborhood has walking paths and dog parks. Find out where they are. The fresh air and exercise will make a big difference.
- Cats are happiest inside a cozy home - the risk of getting run over, diseases, cat fights, can cause unneccessary problems and stress and with a new neighborhood, the chances of your cat wandering off and never returning are also high.
- If you're looking to move soon to a pet friendly rental home make sure you have all the vaccination documentation and licensing information. Pet friendly property management companies will have some sort of pet information form for you to fill out.
Encouragement and positivity will go a long way and in a short period of time your pet will enjoy the new living space as much as you do.
For pet licensing information for the city of Calgary, please visit www.calgary.ca/AnimalServices
calgary realestate aspenwoods springbank cougarridge westsprings wentworth crestmont discoveryridge bridlewood shawnessy somerset silverado evergreen shawnee slopes coventryhills evanston sagehill panorama hills kincora sherwood royaloak tuscany hansonranch rockyridge valleyridge lynxridge Calgary Realestate mortgage rates fixed variable entertainment Financing Mortgage Savings FortMcMurray Edmonton GrandPrairie RedDeer StAlbert FortSaskactchewan Spurce Grove Vancouver BC Alberta Realestate Financing Investment general Investments Calgary Redline property management sales renovations financings investments management renovations financing investments management